Saturday, November 28, 2009

Happy Festivus!

Spending the day at local holiday craft fairs got me thinking about my favorite holiday songs. Of course my absolute favorite would be the original Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer by Gene Autrey. We knew it was Christmas when my Grandpa would break out the old record and put it on. Here it is on youtube, in all it's crackily glory:



TOTALLY brought a tear to my eye...but enough sappy talk, on to the ROCK! Hands down, Billy Squier is my second favorite. In this video, the ORIGINAL MTV VJ's appear. You might remember them, Martha, Nina, JJ, Alan & Mark:



Remember when MTV played music? Crazy I know.

And just because Hall & Oates are too funny, their version of Jingle Bell Rock:



How does Jon do it? Hot after all these years...



Chuck Berry, Run Run Rudolph:



How can you not love it?

Last but not least, the Kinks:



NOW I'm really in the holiday spirit, time to shop. I think I'll start on etsy. My Christmas special is buy a bar of handmade soap and a soapdish, the soap will ship FREE! Check it out:

http://www.craftygurll.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment